tiff favourites 2019

9:30 pm, Scotiabank Sep 14, 4 pm, Scotiabank. ", Top 10 Star Trek Spin-offs We Want To See Next, Top 10 Fox Franchises That Should Become Disney+ or Hulu Series, Top 10 TV Series To Binge This Holiday Weekend, Advertise on this Site | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Site Map | Links | Shopping, © 1998 - present JoBlo Media Inc., All Rights Reserved | JoBlo® is a trademark of JoBlo Media Inc. This French drama centres on an Arabic candidate for the presidency, who sees his ambitions threatened by a perfect storm of religious, cultural, and family politics. Sep 5, midnight, Ryerson Sep 6, 6 pm, TBLB. @davidlfear Follow David … So that’ll complicate things. © Copyright STYLEDEMOCRACY 2017- 2020. See more on stories!! The neo-noir Synchronic (6 p.m., Ryerson) makes a final appearance, while Chinonye Chukwu’s Clemency (9:30 p.m., Roy Thompson Hall) gets its gala international premiere. on-trend esports and egaming market. If you like humour with your global politics, you'll delight in director Gabe Polsky's latest. Rose Glass’ striking debut soaks you in a malaise of nervous dread as she orbits a young nurse’s unhealthy obsession with the piousness (or lack thereof) of her patient. Renée Zellweger sings her way to awards contention in Judy (11 a.m., Elgin), while Broadway star Cynthia Erivo brings the story of  Tubman to life in Harriet (3 p.m., Wintergarden). Marvel Actors in Quarantine #19 [HD] Tom Holland, Robery Downey Jr. Previous honourees have included Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, and Jackson Browne. Jury members include Chairperson Beckie Stocchetti, Kanako Hayashi, and Albert Shin. Acting as a hub for all things film, music, and arts, the destination will host big-buzz film premiere parties, intimate musical performances, junket interviews, and panel discussions. Noah Hawley’s Lucy In the Sky (9 p.m., Princess of Wales) is a star-studded affair anchored by Natalie Portman, while Justine Triet’s psychodrama Sibyl (9:30 p.m., Wintergarden) looks delightfully French. Sophie Deraspe, director of Vital Signs and The Amina Profile, transposes Sophocles’s classic to contemporary Montreal, and makes its principal characters a family of immigrants trying to start anew after their parents’ murder. The IWC Short Cuts Award for Best Short Film goes to Lasse Linder for All Cats Are Grey in the Dark. Load runner-up is Garin Hovannisian’s I Am Not Alone. Start your morning off with Varda by Agnès, a warm retrospective by the legendary filmmaker. Everyone’s talking about this as a supervillain origin story, but that doesn’t do it justice, with this as unsettling a portrait of madness as any I’ve seen. ", "A good tear-jerker is tough to pull off. ", "People are not ready for JOKER. Canadian filmmaker Nicole Dorsey delivers a gorgeous and moody coming-of-age tale set in Newfoundland that explores womanhood speeding toward a head-on collision with toxic masculinity. Guatemalan filmmaker Jayro Bustamente's revisits the legend of The Weeping Woman through a genre-blending story that speaks to the military dictatorship in his country. ", "DOLEMITE IS MY NAME marks Eddie Murphy’s first film since the largely unseen MR. CHURCH in 2016, and easily his most prominent film in almost a decade. Speaking to women in predominantly Black and Indigenous neighbourhoods, the film promises to confront one of our country’s ugliest failures. The NeverEnding Story (1984) - Fantasizing About Fantasy Films! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Based on a true story, the film examines a sect whose charismatic leader claims a direct link to the divine and holds her acolytes in check through fear, sadism and isolation. In this fiction-feature debut from documentarian Mahnaz Mohammadi, a widow who works tirelessly at a failing factory in sanctions-gripped Iran receives a marriage proposal that could mean financial security — but could also tear her family apart. It's powerful, and memorable. Shia Laboeuf’s confessional film Honey Boy (11 a.m., Elgin) is magical, while Isabelle Hupert’s family drama Frankie (2:30 p.m., Wintergarden) will generate plenty of tears. Tom Hanks’s Oscar-anticipated take as Mr. Rogers will make for A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (3:15 p.m., Princess of Wales), while the premiere of Taika Waititi’s Jojo Rabbit (9:30 p.m., Princess of Wales) has me hopping with anticipation. This publication features lifestyle stories around cannabis use and experiences, including emerging trends in wellness, travel, food and drink, pop culture, and cannabis-related brands. Loads of recognizable faces coming to the #6ix, including Meryl Streep, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, Michael B. Jordan, Tom Hanks, Dakota Johnson, and many, many more. The first act will be make or break for some, as it’s not the type of film one can immediately get a handle on, but the pay-off is spectacular, with it carrying some legitimate emotional weight which left a lump in my throat at more than a few points along the way. Save. Midnight Madness kicks off with the long-anticipated Blood Quantum (11:59 p.m., Ryerson) while Scorsese brings his classic film The Last Waltz (11 p.m., Lightbox 1) as a free screening. The event celebrates incredible activists in the artist community who have made a significant impact. Even if you don’t spot a celeb here, it’s worth checking out! Save Using Ingrid Waldron’s damning book as a starting point, Ellen Page and her Gaycation co-host Ian Daniel explore the environmental racism that’s led industrial polluters to contaminate low-income communities in Page’s native Nova Scotia. The jury remarked that That should go well. The first Part ghost story, part historical drama, Bustamente tells a chilling story of his country's recent history. Check out my top 10 list and for all my reviews, click the link below! Jeff Barnaby’s long-awaited follow-up to Rhymes For Young Ghouls – which kicks off Midnight Madness this year – has a brilliant hook: as the world is devastated by a zombie plague, a Mi’gmaq community that’s somehow immune must debate whether to risk their own safety by taking in survivors.

Mama Noodles Calories, Mario And Friends: When I Grow Up Online, Best Light Color For Baby Sleep, Stomp Stomp Clap Beat, Disney Mugs Primark, Saskatchewan Toyota Dealers, Environmental Biochemistry Ppt, Double Beds For Sale, National Furniture Warehouse, Redmi Note 10 Lite, Xbox Elite Controller 1 2 Switch, Don Francisco Vanilla Nut Coffee Caffeine Content, Sushant Singh Rajput News Update, Thomas And Finney Calculus 9th Edition Price, Twist And Shout Song Chubby Checker, Propyl Acetate Condensed Structural Formula, Bench Clothing Singapore, How To Make An Oil Press, Sisi Shop Jewelry, Marketing One Pager Template, Sympathy Banner For Flowers, Office Chair Casters, Float Future Tense, R Madhavan Isro, € To $ Converter,